Snatched Moments

Well it's been a while, in fact I can't quite believe how long it is has been... time seems to be speeding up at the moment, although that could just be a symptom of me trying to fit as much as I can in to each day.

So in order to still get in my crafting fix I have been snatching moments here and there where I wouldn't usually, to try to get maybe an extra row on a pair of socks done.


One of these times is when I am having my breakfast before leaving for work, the lighter mornings always give me more energy and I have discovered that spending 10 minutes in a morning knitting on something simple like a sock somehow centres me and prepares me for the day ahead and is a much better way to start the day than rushing out of the door, breakfast half eaten and no time for coffee.

I have a few long term projects on the go and have been on a bit of a garment knitting spree since Christmas, which may be the reason why I have been feeling short of time as it is more difficult to see progress on a larger sweater / blanket that a pair of socks, but I have found that knitting a pieced garment can help with that as there are steps along the way that feel like semi finished objects.  This is one of the reasons I enjoyed knitting Halele'a by Mel Ski so much as it was pieced but with a clever and fun stitch detail added which made it interesting to knit.  


My Halele'a was knit in some now discontinued Patons 4 ply yarn in a baby blue colour that is a little lighter than the photo shows. I love the vintage look of the yarn and think that this fits very well with this tailored cardigan that reminded me of some of the patterns I remember my mom and grandma looking through when I was a very young girl!

The buttons were from my local yarn store - Sitting Knitting which is literally a 5 minute walk away from my house, they are shell type with a pretty daisy design and I love them!! It is a comfort knowing I have such a lovely yarn store so close that I can nip to in those emergency situations when all my needles are taken up with projects and I just have to cast on something new :)

On a personal level my knee has mostly recovered from the surgery in mid January, although at the moment it is no better than before, but I am hoping to see some improvement over the next couple of months.  In the past couple of weeks, I have also learnt that I need a hip operation which is scheduled for early April (thankfully not the 1st!).  This operation will see me out of action for a few weeks on crutches, unable to drive and get to work ...  thank goodness I have will plenty to keep my mind and hands occupied whilst I recuperate!!!

Until next time, I hope you are finding those precious minutes, sometimes only seconds, in which to indulge in your passions.




Comments

  1. I'm always in work an hour or so early. It gives me time to cross t's and dot i's. More importantly I get to sit and knit for a while before the madness begins. It centres me. It focuses my mind. If, for what ever reason I miss my knitting time, it ruins my mojo for the day!

    Great news that your knee is on the road to recovery.
    Fingers crossed that all goes as well for your hip op.

    Happy thoughts - all that knitting time. And you can spindle soon too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts