Episode 27 - Snowing



Hello and welcome to this week's episode, today is Sunday 20th January 2013

If you are looking for me on Ravelry I am knittynatterzena and the group is knittynatter podcast group where have a monthly share you Lols thread to enter all of your finished objects whether they be knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.

Chatter
VKN on Tuesday night organised by Charminglochie which I enjoyed and hope to do more.
We got snow on Friday and for once the weather reports got it absolutely right.  My son's school took the decision to close at around 7.30am on Friday morning which at that time seemed a bit premature as there was only around 1inch of snow and the roads were clear but then it started snowing at around 8am and didn't stop all day.  we probably had around 6 inches in all and it was icy and windy so we played in the garden!
Yesterday he built an igloo outside as is wasn't great snowmaking snow.
This cold weather is forecast to hang around for a while now so the snow will probably stay.


LOLS
Broad Street Mittens (free pattern through Knitty) are done.  All the amendments I made are on my project page on Ravelry
Yarn is from www.easyknits.co.uk in the Dragon Party Colourway and this is an 80/10/10/ blend and was a sock club from early in 2012.  I have approx 50% of the yarn left.  I used 2.75mm needles for the mitt and 3.25mm needles for the flap.

Toothless the dragon by Mari Campbell ($6 pattern on Ravelry) or my Dragon Please Now is done!  There was some considerable assembly and stitching on of pipe cleaners and it probably took around 3 hours to do all of this, I finished it up last night which meant staying up a little later than I wanted to but I could just not face the prospect of getting up to face it this morning.  This was knit in Patons DK FAB on 4.00mm needles .. DPNs!!!


Nattering Away
I haven't worked on everything this week:

The Ripple Crochet Blanket has seen a little bit of progress, I finished the 6 row green section and has almost done with the next 3 row white section.   the next colour will be yellow.  I am using a size 5.0mm hook and the yarn all Sirdar Snuggly DK at the moment. There are more detailed notes on the pattern on my project page for the blanket here

I completed one more square / diamond for the Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang (the pattern is free on her blog ).  2.25mm needles and this square is in the Dobby colourway from www.gnomeacres.com 

I managed to get a little bit of work done on Ink by Hanna Maciejewska ($6 pattern of Ravelry) and this was given to me as a Birthday Gift by LittleRiaHen.  I am using Rowan pure wool 4 ply which is a superwash wool and the colour is sage but I think it is closer to a duck egg blue.  I am using 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles which is one size higher than the recommended on the pattern and I am knitting the 34' size.  I finished the back section of the collar and then picked up the stitches that will form the main body of the sweater and am now ready to start working down adding in the increases that will form the arms to be split of later.  I almost have the cable pattern memorised (8 row pattern) and so I am hoping that this will now become more mindless knitting and I can get some good progress.

I started one new project which is a small snuggles for the FAL KAL with Sadie of the Yarnivore Podcast. My afgan crochet hook came (size 5.00mm) and so I am learning tunisian crochet with this project.  This is 60 stitches across and I am doing what I believe is called the simple stitch.  I am using acrylic yarn from stash and will make this a two colour snuggle.

My New Year Firework Socks which were my cast on on New Years Day have not seen any progress this week.

Whispering to Me
I have caked up the next yarn I am going to start a project with and this is Tainted Love colourway from Gemini Knits.  I am going to knit some socks for my valentine, I am not sure of the pattern yet but this will need to get started this week to give me enough time before February 14th!

Speech Therapy
The only therapy I have had this week was the afgan crochet hook and I did also get another set of DPNs size 2.25mm as I will switch to these for my sock yarn blanket instead of battling with the cable.

Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time

Bye Now
:)



Comments

Popular Posts