Episode 28 - Pain in the Neck!




Hello and welcome to this week's episode, today is Sunday 27th January 2013

If you are looking for me on Ravelry I am knittynatterzena and the group is knittynatter podcast group where have a monthly share you Lols thread to enter all of your finished objects whether they be knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.

I did notice this week the group went over 200 members, so thank you to every one who has joined.

Chatter
Snow continued all day Sunday which meant that schools we closed again on Monday they did open Tuesday but only for a few hours and the closed again on Wednesday.  Temperatures remained very cold which caused alot of problems with ice, which I fell victim to on Friday morning, literally!! Slipped and jarred my neck which then got progressively worse through Friday,  Saturday morning it was very painful so a quick (ish) visit to A&E and they fixed me up with some very strong painkillers which are helping with pain but do leave me feeling slightly strange!!

Rain arrived on Saturday and most of the snow has gone, other than out igloo and a few melting snowmen! 

LOLS
No Lols this week, I was hoping to have a pair of sock but I have not been able to knit since Thursday.

Nattering Away
I haven't worked on everything this week:

The Ripple Crochet Blanket has seen a little bit of progress, I finished the 3 row white section and have added in the gold which I am almost done with, the next colour will be red.  I am using a size 5.0mm hook and the yarn all Sirdar Snuggly DK at the moment. There are more detailed notes on the pattern on my project page for the blanket here

I completed one more square / diamond for the Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang (the pattern is free on her blog ).  2.25mm needles and this square is in the Twisted Limone yarn I am using for me Firework socks.

New Year Firework Socks in Twisted Limone are what I was hoping to have finished.  2.25mm DPNs and I have one sock tube done and a couple more stripes on the second sock to do and the heels for both.  These socks are my standard 60 stitched around.

I managed to get a little more progress on Ink by Hanna Maciejewska ($6 pattern of Ravelry) and this was given to me as a Birthday Gift by LittleRiaHen.  I am using Rowan pure wool 4 ply which is a superwash wool and the colour is sage.  I am using 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles which is one size higher than the recommended on the pattern and I am knitting the 34' size.  I did another two or three pattern repeats whilst increasing for the raglan arms. Still a fair way to go until I can separate for the sleeves but I have the pattern memorised now and this feels as though the progress will speed up a little even though the number of stitched is increasing.

Tunisian Snuggle got a little progress, the second colour has been added. This is a small snuggle for the FAL KAL with Sadie of the Yarnivore Podcast.   This is 60 stitches across and I am doing what I believe is called the simple stitch.  Acrylic yarn from stash.

New Project started are the sunrise socks by WendyKnits which a free pattern on Ravelry which is found on her blog.  These are valentine socks in the Tainted Love colourway from Gemini Knits, and I am knitting the size M which is 66 stitches on 2.25mm needle.  I am really pleased wiht htis simple yet effective pattern and love the way that it almost looks like 'v's or hearts on the sock.

Whispering to Me
Although I have alot of projects on the needles I have been planned my next projects and I am intending to start the color affection which I have had in my queue and the yarn for for a while.  i am going to use artesano 100% alpaca 4 ply in Argentina, Colombia and Forget me Not.  I bought these when I was in Cornwall in August last year.  I am deciding which order to use them in at the moment. 

Speech Therapy
Nothing to show you, although I am waiting for a couple of deliveries.  

Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time

Bye Now
:)


Comments

Popular Posts