Episode 31 - Back to the real world




Hello, hello and welcome to Episode 31, it feels like eons since I last did a proper podcast, we have interent issues to thank for my unscheduled absence.

If you are looking for me on Ravelry I am knittynatterzena and the group is knittynatter podcast group where have a monthly share you Lols thread to enter all of your finished objects whether they be knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.

Chatter
I would like to start off by saying a very bug thank you for all of the feedback and lovely words of support that my last podcast prompted and also the ongoing support and chatter that you all provide on a regular basis, I am only sorry that I could not reply to you all due to the aforementioned technical issues but please know that I read them all and they are all valued by me.

LOLS
I have some LOLs that you have not even seen in progress!


I finished another For Good Hat as a gift for my friend which has already gone to its new owner.  I used, Rowan Creative Focus Worsted in a beautiful apple green colour and size 3.75mm needles.

Mind the Gap socks have been started and finished and fore these I used the fabulous Mind the Gap colourway from Trailing Clouds which is a self striping sock yarn based on the colours that appear on the London tube station.  These are for a Christmas gift for OH sister who lives in London.  I bought a short skein and I like to try to get my self striping socks to match so I decided to do the heels, toes and cuffs in black (for which I used Regia sock yarn).  it was by pure luck that when I came to put the waste yarn in for the heel that this happened to fall in the middle of a black stripe which meant that I could also end the leg on black and go into the cuff preserving the colour order.

These were knit toe up on 2.25mm needles and 64 stitches around.

I also have a knit snuggle completed out of Patons Big Fab (which was intended for slippers but since frogged).  I knit this based on the grandmothers favorite dishcloth pattern but I have no idea what the needles size are as they are too big for my gauge, the finished size is 16 inches by 16 inches.

Nattering Away
The rest of what I have worked on since we last spoke

The Ripple Crochet Blanket has seen a little bit of progress although this is slowing now as I concetrate on other items.  I am using a size 5.0mm hook and the yarn is a mix of  Sirdar Snuggly DK and Patons DK. There are more detailed notes on the pattern on my project page for the blanket here

I managed to get a god amount of progress on Ink by Hanna Maciejewska ($6 pattern of Ravelry) and this was given to me as a Birthday Gift by LittleRiaHen.  I am using Rowan pure wool 4 ply which is a superwash wool and the colour is sage.  I am using 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles which is one size higher than the recommended on the pattern and I am knitting the 34' size. I finally separated for the sleeves and have continued down the body and commenced the travelling pattern section on the body.  I will go back and pick up for the sleeves before I fully finish the body just to ensure that I have enough yarn as my row gauge was short.

I ave also made good progress with the color affection with artesano 100% alpaca 4 ply in Argentina, Colombia and Forget me Not.  4.00mm needles.

Started another knit snuggle in Patons Big Fab, this one I'm knitting straight but just with slipped stitches as the start of each row to give it a more finished egde.

Also just cast on some vanilla socks on 2.25mm needle and done the toe increases ready for cinema trip later today.. yarn is Gemini Knits - dark eyes 100% merino

Tongue Twister
I have been spinning still and finished the  http://gnomeacres.com/ Zombie Flannel which is Polwarth / Silk 85% / 15%.  I achieved 280 yards and this is between a DK and light worsted weight.

Whispering to Me
When the colour affection is done I will cast on with my Countess Ablaze, Studentknits colourway, probably the pimpelliese

No speech therapy this week

Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time

Bye Now
:)

Comments

  1. Hi Zena! So good you are back!! I feel badly about your Internet issues but I am happy they are resolved.
    You were wearing a gorgeous grey sweater in the beginning of your podcast! What pattern is that!? Everything you knit is stunning but I really would love to knit that sweater! If you don't mind sharing I would really appreciate it! Hope you liked the movie it is one on my must see list. :)
    Thanks, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts