Episode 50 - Happy Hat!


Hello and welcome to this weeks episode of the podcast.

If you are on Ravelry and looking for me there I am knittynatterzena and I am on Twitter and Plurk and also Instagram as knittynatter

There is a group on ravelry knittynatter-podcast and it would be great if you came and joined.  Every month there is a finished projects thread and one random generated winner gets their choice of either a pattern on ravelry up to the value of $7 or a set of my hand made stitch markers and you can go over to the etsy store knittynatter to choose a set from there.

This week I draw for the winner of the July share your LOLs

LOLs
Dark Passenger by Deborah Frank is finished out of deeply wicked in the cruel intentions colourway from www.easyknits.co.uk.  This is my new favourite shawl :)

My bude socks are also finished although I am not over the moon with the suspended bind off I used .. the yarn is amazing which is 'you look better on facebook' batty sock from www.knittersnightmare.com

Nattering away
Two new projects this week ...

Stripey socks for my son in Knit Picks Felici in Aquarium colourway.  I am using size 2.25mm needles, magic loop and 52 stitches around.  First sock is done and I have used the sewn bind off for the first time and I love it :)

I also cast on makai, which as mystery KAl with Mel from Single Handed Knits Podcast and I am using Manos del Uruguay Algeria yarn which is bought in Bude and showed last time on the podcast.  I am half way through clue 2.

Speech Therapy
I made some purchases from my LYS yesterday, two skeins of Stitch Solihull dyed yarn, one of which will be cast on shortly for a Sockhead Hat and one because the colours reminded me of the beach and the sea.

I also bought some Sweet Georgia BFL fibre in the shipwreck colourway.

Bye for now have a great couple of weeks

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the episode, Zena. Sitting here having my morning coffee and was happy to see that you had your episode up. Your Dark Passenger is absolutely beautiful. The yarn choice is perfect for it. Also liked the socks you finished. They are very cheerful. Good luck with your new fiber. I am just starting to spin a little with a drop spindle. See you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts