Episode 34 - At Last!




Hello, and welcome to Episode 34

If you are looking for me on Ravelry I am knittynatterzena and the group is knittynatter-podcast group where have a monthly share you Lols thread to enter all of your finished objects whether they be knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.

Chatter
This week I focused on trying to get one of the larger projects done and I don't seem to have much knitting time in the week.  I did have a lovely relaxing massage on Tuesday which really helped with the tension in my shoulders, with knitting and working at a computer or driving for the majority of my days it can build up so I think I will try to have on at least once a month.

Yesterday we went to an indoor water park which is about an hours drive from here and had a fun time in the slides and chutes and then watch John Carter movie last night.

I also must be feeling the onset of spring as I have been bitten by the de-cluttering bug again and was up early this morning sorting through clothes and other stuff clearing out those things which I havn't worn for a while and anything that either doesn't fit quite right or is not particularly flattering.

LOLS
I finally finished the Ripple Crochet Blanket!  5.0mm hook and the yarn is a mix of  Sirdar Snuggly DK and Patons DK. There are more detailed notes on the pattern on my project page for the blanket here

Nattering Away

I did some more work on the Ink by Hanna Maciejewska ($6 pattern of Ravelry).  I am using Rowan pure wool 4 ply which is a superwash wool and the colour is sage.  I am using 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles which is one size higher than the recommended on the pattern and I am knitting the 34' size. 

Two new casts ons this week :)

the beatnik (free pattern on Knitty/Ravelry) by Norah Gaughan.  I am using Rowan pure wool aran, which is 100% superwash wool in a dark red colour.  I did some maths with this is I was between sizes and felt that a 4" difference in sizings was too much.  I will add my notes on what I did to my project page.  Working on the back, have done the waist decreases and now working straight until I need to increase again.

I also cast on the Spring Shoots sock by Alice Yu out of hte Socktopus book I received as a gift for my birthday.  I am using Highland Handmades sugar maple sock in Boardwalk Roses colourway.  This sock had a slightly different toe construction to one I have used before and also is worked with an afterthought leg, so I am looking forward to trying that.

Vanilla Hobbit socks haven't seen any work as all of my knitting has been done at home this week and so I have worked on those projects that are not portable.

No whispering to me, tongue twister or speech therapy this week


Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time

Bye Now
:)

Comments

Popular Posts