Episode 36 - Historical Weekend


Hello, and welcome to Episode 36

If you are looking for me on Ravelry I am knittynatterzena and the group is knittynatter-podcast group where have a monthly share you Lols thread to enter all of your finished objects whether they be knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.
Drawing for March done and new thread for April opened

Chatter
Hope you have all had a great Easter weekend, I have been off on a couple of day trips and a vivst to a new LYS which officially opened on Friday.

Stitch Solihull is located in Notcutts Garden Centre in Solihull and stocks, Easyknits, Malabrigo, locally dyed yarn and fyberspates and also Bergere, some beautiful handmade buttons, stitchmarkers, knitpro needles and I also spotted some hiya hiya shch I may have to get when I go back.  There was also a selection of fabrics and a lovely area for sitting with some awesome sofas.  I have a feeling I will be a regular.  More can be found out StitchSolihull on facebook.

Despite the freezing temperatures I also went to Kenilworth Castle which is a partly ruined castle where Queen Elizabeth I spent time during her "holidays' where she toured around the country, the longest stay in 1575.  It was where Robert Dudley resided who was rumoured to be in love with the queen and wished to marry her but it was never to be, although it is thought that Queen Elizabeth never married as she loved Robert Dudley but could not marry him as it would demean her position.

Today was a visit to Boscobel House which is a former hunting lodge where Charles II famously hid in a priest hole and then in an Oak Tree in 1651 to escape Cromwell's armies before finally escaping to France before returning to reclaim the throne.

LOLS
Finished is the tank top from Little Sweet Peas book from Sirdar.
I used Sirdar snuggly DK in an apple green colour size 3.25mm for ribbing and 4.00mm needle for the body.  This was knit in pieces and then sewn together

Nattering Away

Still working on the Ink by Hanna Maciejewska ($6 pattern of Ravelry).  I am using Rowan pure wool 4 ply which is a superwash wool and the colour is sage.  I am using 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles which is one size higher than the recommended on the pattern and I am knitting the 34' size. Both arms are now complete so I just need to continue down the body.

The Vanilla Hobbit sock saw some love this week and I have now finished one sock and just started the second.  these are in GeminiKnits dark eyes colourway on 2.25mm needle magic loop

Alos done some more work on Spring Shoots Socks from Socktopus by Alice Yu, I am using Highland Handmades sock yarn in Boardwalk Roses colourway on 2.5mm needles.  Finished the foot on one sock.

Beatnik did not get any attention this week and I am not going to cast anything else on until I have finished either one of the pairs of socks or the Ink.

Speech Therapy
Purchases from Stitch Solihull - Opal Sweet and Spicy sock yarn
Eucalan in Grapefruit Scent
Bag of assorted buttons
5 10g balls of Opal for my sock yarn blanket.

Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time

Bye Now
:)

Comments

Popular Posts