Episode 37 - It is done!




Hello, and welcome to Episode 37

If you are looking for me on Ravelry I am knittynatterzena and the group is knittynatter-podcast group where have a monthly share you Lols thread to enter all of your finished objects whether they be knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.
Drawing for March done and new thread for April opened

Chatter
3 Day week at work has meant time with my family and this weekend I have had a crafty productive weekend which you will the fruits of.
I went to my local bead store Spellbound Beads and bought a range of beads and I have been making some stitch markers,  I really enjoy doing this and I am considering starting to sell them on etsy, let me know what you think.

LOLS
The Ink by Hanna Maciejewska ($6 pattern of Ravelry) is done!.  I am so pleased to get this done and am really pleaded.  Its only partially blocked to stop the rib sections curling too much. I ended up using almost 9 of the 10 balls of Rowan pure wool 4 ply which is a superwash wool and the colour is sage.  I used 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles which is one size higher than the recommended on the pattern and I knit the 34' size with no modifications to the pattern.

Nattering Away
The Vanilla Hobbit sock saw some more work this week. I am on the second sock and just started the gusset increases.  These are in GeminiKnits dark eyes colourway on 2.25mm needle magic loop

Also done some more work on Spring Shoots Socks from Socktopus by Alice Yu, I am using Highland Handmades sock yarn in Boardwalk Roses colourway on 2.5mm needles.  I now have two feet completed and need to go back and do the legs on both socks.

Beatnik did not get any attention this week but it will back on the agenda now the Ink is completed.

Speech Therapy
I won some more beautiful Highland Handmades sugar maple sock in the Snuggle Up Colourway which was a prize with the Yarnivore Podcast and the Snuggle FAL KAL that Sadie did.

I also purchased some yarn from Gnomeacres which is for a gift knit.  This is the Scruffy Gnome Base which is fingering weight 85% Sw merino and 15% Donegal Tweed and this is the Pumpkin Spice Latte Colour.  This yarn will be knit into a pair of socks for a birthday gift for OH and need to be completed by May 1st,  I think I will probably do the Simple Skyp Socks by Adrienne Ku for a bit of texture but nothing over the top.

Quick flash of the stitch makers I made up with some of my goodies from the dead store.

That's it for this week, I hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see you next time

Bye Now
:)

Comments

Popular Posts